ADVANCED TACTICAL MEDICAL PARCTITIONER
The Advanced Tactical Medical Practitioner
This is a Advanced Training Program for those who have basic Training in Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) and are certified as Emergency Medical Technician (EMT). The training program is a 2 weeks program with an emphasis on Different Aspects of Tactical Medicine. The first week will be based on diadtectics, skills stations and some integrated TCCC updates/refresher regimes to work up the participants before they embark into the second week. The second week would consist of Scenarios will be constantly injected in the training program where realistic simulations will be employed to assess the abilities of the participants to think, execute and overcome the tactical medical challenges.
This training program can be catered and customised accordingly for participants who are in the military or the law enforcement units.
Some of the objectives covered in this program includes:
- Have an understanding of the difference between a Tactical paramedic and a regular paramedic. Be able to differentiate the knowledge base, assessment skills and clinical skills between the two.
- Be Familiar with the different phases of care in Tactical Medicine. Pre Operational phase, Operational Phase and Post Operational Phase.
- Understand the Importance of Pre Operational Phase Force Protection Strategy and Health Optimisation of the Unit and its relationship to Operational effectiveness in the field.
- Performing Medical Threat Assessments and Planning before any operations that are critical to mission success.
- Revision on the principles of Tactical Emergency Casualty Care/Tactical Combat Casualty Care and the phases of care.
- Providing Updates on TCCC guidelines and have to gain new skill sets stipulated in the New TCCC guidelines.
- Demonstrating their competencies in invasive and interventional skillsets in PolyTrauma cases in Tactical Environment.
- Understanding the Importance of Selecting an appropriate Casualty Collection Point in a tactical situation.
- Identifying and Triaging casualties in a Mass Casualty Incident. Understanding that resources will be limited and the importance of triaging.
- Understand the Importance of Tactical Evacuation Care and the role of Damage Control Resuscitation.
- Be able to perform Tactical Medical Skills in near darkness with Light Discipline.
- Given a casualty scenario, be able to identify and treat the condition presented in a tactical scenario individually and team based. Be able to transit into Prolonged Field Care.
- The basics of Prolonged Field Care. Knowledge and Skillsets Required.
- Extrication Skillsets and Knowledge can be incorporated. Depending on the requirements of the Participants. This can be customised.
- Understand and be able to provide management to Injuries related to non- lethal weapons from conducted electrical weapon, impact and chemical munition.
- Please contact us for specific operational needs to be incorporated into the training program. This can range from Close protection to Public Order and Security to Grey Zone Operations.