Combat Application Tourniquet (C-A-T)
Since its combat introduction by the U.S. Army in 2005, the Combat Application Tourniquet® – a true one-handed tourniquet – has decreased the mortality rate due to extreme exsanguination by 85%. The U.S. Army Institute of Research deemed it to be 100% effective.
Now, C-A-T Resources has developed the all-new C-A-T® GEN7. Following extensive field reviews, the C-A-T® GEN7 has been completely re-designed, making it the most effective Combat Application Tourniquet® to date. The new GEN7 is simpler to use thanks to a single application protocol, single buckle routing system and further improvements to its components and construction.
C-A-T® GEN7 Tourniquet
Despite the proven effectiveness of the Combat Application Tourniquet®, the new C-A-T® GEN7 goes even further toward making it easier and faster to use. All six components of the Combat Application Tourniquet® have been re-designed and improved on the C-A-T® GEN7.
1. SINGLE ROUTING BUCKLE Decreased blood loss, effective slack removal, fewer windlass turns, simplified training with single protocol application standards
2. WINDLASS ROD Increased diameter, enhanced strength, aggressive ribbing improves grip
3. WINDLASS CLIP Bilateral beveled entry, rapid windlass lock, bilateral buttress, added strength
4. WINDLASS STRAP New reinforced strap, gray color for tactical considerations (Black only)
5. STABILIZATION PLATE Reinforced, beveled contact bar, improved comfort
6. FREE-MOVING INTERNAL BAND Patented band within band, truly even distribution of circumferential pressure
The Combat Application ourniquet® (C-A-T®) is an extremity tourniquet packaged in a shrink-wrapped plastic pouch. The C-A-T® Tourniquet is a Class 1 medical device.
Identical models available in
black [tactical], orange [First Responder], and blue [trainer].