The Combat Application ourniquet® (C-A-T®) is an extremity tourniquet packaged in a shrink-wrapped plastic pouch. The C-A-T® Tourniquet is a Class 1 medical device.
Identical models available in
black [tactical], orange [First Responder], and blue [trainer].
Proven to be 100% effective in occluding blood flow in both upper & lower extremities by the U.S. Army's Institute of Surgical Research
Dimensions: 6.5" H x 2.4" W x 1.5" D (packaged)
Dimensions: 37.5" H (open)
Weight: 2.9 oz
Combat Application Tourniquet (CAT) - Gen 7
The Combat Application Tourniquet®,introduced to U.S. Army in 2005 is a true one-handed tourniquet, widely credited with decreasing mortality rates due to extremity exsanguination by 85%. After an exhaustive study, the U.S. Army Institute of Research deemed it to be 100% effective.
Now, C•A•T Resources has developed the C•A•T GEN7. Following extensive field reviews, the C•A•T GEN7 has been completely re-designed, making it the most effective Combat Application Tourniquet to date. The new GEN7 is simpler to use thanks to a single application protocol, single buckle routing system and further improvements to its components and construction.
Single Routing Buckle
- Faster application and effective slack removal resulting in decreased blood loss and fewer windlass turns to achieve arterial occlusion
- Simplified training with single protocol directions for all applications
- Increased diameter for enhanced strength
- Aggressive ribbing for improved grip
- Bilateral beveled entry for rapid windlass lock
- Bilateral buttress for added strength
- Sonic welded to clip for constant contact
- Color changed to Gray for tactical considerations (Black C-A-T Only)
Reinforced, beveled contact bar maintains the plate's integrity and decreases skin pinching