COMPANY EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
Company Emergency Response Team Registration Schedule
COMPONENTS OF CERT TEAM:
Company Emergency Response Team
• Public Premise – 9 storeys or more (including basement), or; – Gross floor area 5000 square metres or more, or; – Designed occupancy load 1000 persons or more, or; – Licensed by MOH as a hospital
• Industrial Premise – Site area or GFA 5000 square metres or more, or; – Designed occupancy load 1000 persons or more
• Petroleum & Flammable Material Premises – Stores more than 5 metric tonnes of P&FM 7
• How often do I need to attend refresher training? – Refresher training must be conducted annually. – SCDF recommends one refresher training every quarter. Components of refresher training can be conducted in phases. – E.g. evacuation procedure in March, first aid in June, use of extinguishers and hosereels in September, in-place protection in December.
Who can be part of CERT?
• Anyone, as long as they are trained and briefed on their roles in CERT.
• Employees of the building owner, managing agent, tenants.
• Security guards, maintenance contractors, cleaners, dedicated CERT members.
• Offsite members are acceptable as long as performance requirement can be met, i.e. 1 minute activation and 5 minute response.
Equipment & Training
• It is the duty of building owner / managing agent to ensure that the CERT is properly trained and equipped. Anyone can be a CERT member (e.g. tenant, occupant, contractor).
• Training is compulsory. – WSQ courses are recommended because there is subsidy up to 95%.
• Equipment is compulsory. – Minimum 5 sets of PPE (1 SIC, 4 ERT members)
Accredited under WSQ and SCDF licensed
1 WSQ Implement Incident Management Processes (1 day) [For all premises]
2 WSQ Respond to Fire Emergency in Buildings (2 days) [For tier 1 high risk installations & tier 2 premises]
3 WSQ Respond to Fire Incident in Workplace (1 day) [For tier 3 premises